BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 11, 2010

THE NEW ME

Finally I’m out of here, I was once known as Jeremy Gonzales but now I shall be called Joseph Sandoval. I am moving from a small city called Albuquerque to the big city of Las Vegas Nevada! I am so glad to be leaving this boring town and moving to a beautiful and amazing place. I am leaving everything behind, all the embarrassing and bad stuff about me behind. I get to come here with a clean slate and a fresh start. I am not leaving much behind besides what to me was just a boring life.

When I get to the big city I’ll be expecting big things. I was told that this is the city that never sleeps, and also that it was called “sin city”. I am expecting a bunch of party people, which is a lot different from the people in my town. If I want to commit to this change of my identity I have to come out of my comfort zone and become one of those party people. I will also have to leave everything of the past behind. I will have no contact with family or friends what so ever.

I am now entering the city of Las Vegas Nevada, and I have to say it’s huge. There are many tall buildings, cool looking restaurants, and many places to go have fun. I want to look for a job here. I hope to be a bartender here like I was back home. But I don’t know how I am going to do that with the fake name and all.

I am going from living in a regular old house, to this amazing condo. It’s one of the best living spaces I have ever seen. The built this house very eco friendly. It has a lot of cool features. Like recycling bins, energy saver bulbs, and many other things of that sort. This place also includes a pool and hot tube that’s right next to a bar. This condo is the perfect bachelor pad, and I think I will love it here because it helps with the person I want to be.

Well I applied to this bar called ice, and I got the job. I got it because they don’t do background checks there. So I was able to lie to them about who I was and got the job. Being a bartender is the only I won’t leave in the past. Bartending is my passion and I love it too much to just stop doing it. This place fits its name very well. Everything here is actually made out of ice. I mean everything, cups, chairs, tables and many other things.

After bartending a few nights here, I met a couple of people. I met a girl and a guy, David and jasmine. They seem like cool people, and I think I will fit in with then well. So later that night David invited to this club called lick. I decided to go with him. I believe it will be fun and a good way to meet new people. We get to the bar and right away were invited to the v.i.p room by these two gorgeous girls. I introduce myself and almost blow my secret because I said my real name. But I fixed it by saying only some people call me that. I don’t know why it just feels awkward lying so much to people. So anyway we leave the club and all of us go out to eat. I tell these beautiful ladies how I want to go to college and the girl I was with mentioned that she knew the Dean of the school. So we left and she wanted my number so she can get me in to the school but I gave her the wrong number, because I know I can’t get in with a fake name.

A few weeks went by and I had this sense of emptiness. I don’t know what it is but it is preventing me from sleeping at night. I seem to be filling the emptiness with alcohol and I think I am becoming an alcoholic. I go and see a psychiatrist, and he is the only one I tell about my secret. He lets me know that what’s bothering me is not having any contact with my family or friends. So I took his advice and moved back home. Where I got cleaned up and was happy and peaceful again.

0 comments: