BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT


Dear Mr. President,

Hello my name is Jeremy Gonzales I am writing to you as a concerned citizen. I am not here to complain to you or tell you off about the oil spill. Even though it outrages me, I just want you to hear some quotes I have picked out that reminded me of what is going on in this world today. They have been very inspirational to me and hopeful to you as well. Maybe these will help you come to some kind of conclusion. “Thank god men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as earth” Henry David Thoreau. “There is a sufficiency in the world for mans need but no for mans greed” Mohandas k. ghandi. “there’s so much pollution in the air now that is it weren’t for our lungs there would be no place to put it all” Robert Orben. “Modern technology owes ecology an apology” Allan m. Edison. “In America today you can murder land for private profit. You can leave the corpse for all to see and nobody calls the cops” Paul Brookes. “Don’t blow it- good planets are hard to find” quoted in time.” Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites”Wiiliam R. “because we don’t think about future generations, they will never forget us” Henrick T. “I’m not an environmentalist. I’m an earth warrior” Darryl cherney. “I am earth. You are earth. The earth is dying. You and I are murderers”ymber delecto.

All these quotes relate to the oil spill because they relate to them in a huge way. It tells us how if we don’t open our eyes we will destroy ourselves. It states that we are all connected to this earth some way and we are just killing ourselves. For what? Our own personal greed and profit. This earth gives all we need, but when we start getting greedy it will just shut down and be gone. Lastly it says we are building our own graves and not thinking about our future generations. They will never forget us because they will never experience the things we have today, and because of us they will be living in this ugly nasty world.


0 comments: